Shattered Empire: In the Shadows of the Dragon Mountains
Young Sensei (5/6)
1. What clan does your character belong to?
The Dragon Clan.
2. What family does your character belong to?
The Mirumoto family- the finest swordsmen in the Empire.
3. Is your character a bushi, a shugenja, or a courtier?
He is an exceptional young bushi.
4. How would others describe your character’s appearance?
He’s a young man with a shaved head, an athletic build, and various tattoos. He only every wears a kimono for formal occasions, and most often wears simple pants, sandals, and a smile.
5. What is your character’s primary motivation?
To demonstrate the peerless swordsmanship of the Mirumoto so that it is plain for all to see.
6. Who is the person your character trusts most in the world?
His father. As an Ise Zumi he’s often cryptic, but he has always happily offered whatever support or guidance has been needed.
7. What is your character’s greatest strength and weakness?
He’s a prodigy among his class, so narrowing down a single strength is rather difficult. His greatest weakness is split between his trusting nature being potentially exploited and his inability to tell when he’s outmatched.
8. What does your character think of Bushido?
To be a samurai is to serve, and Bushido allows one a moral compass through which to do so. He’s no paragon of virtue, but he does his best, which is all any man can do.
9. What is your character’s opinion of his clan?
He feels blessed to have born into a Clan which is both spiritual and practical, and with the knowledge that the diverse families of the Dragon each have their own identities.
10. Is your character married?
No, though he’s still rather young so there will be plenty of time for that in the future.
11. Does your character have any prejudices?
He feels sorry for how short-sighted the actions of the other Clans were during the Clan Wars. He sincerely hopes they can learn from its trials and become better during this rebuilding period.
12. To whom does your character owe the most loyalty?
His sensei, who is also his mother. She taught Kinji everything he needs to know to move forward and grow on his own.
13. What are your character’s favorite and least favorite things?
He loves all things natural- bird songs, rivers, trees, even the dirt beneath his feet. He feels at peace when in any natural environment. He can’t stand sweet things- they taste overbearing to him.
14. Does your character have any recurring mannerisms?
He tends to close his eyes and assume a meditative posture any time he’s not actively doing anything else.
15. What about your character’s emotions?
He’s very proud of who he is and where he comes from, so anyone who insults that will have such a slight quickly answered. He’s also quick to anger when anyone mistreats another beneath his station.
16. How would your character handle a subordinate’s improper behavior?
Offenses would be met with strenuous physical labor to humble the man and perhaps house arrest to give him time to meditate on his actions.
17. How would your character’s parents describe him?
They are proud of how well he’s done in his studies, and that he’s received a prestigious appointment at so young an age. They see the best of each of them in him, and have great expectations.
18. What is your character’s highest ambition?
He wants to use his new appointment to leave behind something lasting for his Clan and make his mark on history.
19. How religious is your character?
He is very religious, and makes certain to stop at any temple to offer a prayer to whichever fortune or ancestor the shrine is dedicated to, and offers daily devotions to Mirumoto as well. He even takes the pranks played on him by trickster spirits in good humor, as he realizes it is simply their place in the Celestial Order to do such things. Sadly, this has only encouraged them to become more elaborate rather than to move on.
20. How will your character die?
As an old man who has given much to his Clan to remember him by.