Shattered Empire: In the Shadows of the Dragon Mountains
Governor of the Toi Koku / Kyuden no Sora
Hoshi Tsurui Zumi.
Son: Kitsuki Masaaki → Clear Thinker, Contrary
Duty Points 20
Location 2 +1
Stronghold 1 + 1
Farmlands 2 + 1
Garrison 2 + 1
Defenses 1 + 3
Magistrate Station 2 + 1
Shrines 0 + 2
Court Chambers 3
1. What clan does your character belong to?
Dragon Clan. He was born as the third son to a dragon samurai family. At age 15, he made the climb to become a tattooed monk.
2. What family does your character belong to?
Hoshi. Ryojiro took the Hoshi name to honor the half-mortal son of Togashi, who’s philosophy he follows.
3. Is your character a bushi, a shugenja or courtier.
Neither, he is a monk.
4. How would other describe your character’s appearance?
Always in a sleeveless tonic or shirt. The Ki-Ren tattoo running down his right arm. Short black hair with a friendly smile.
5. What is your primary motivation?
To reach enlightenment.
6. Who is the person your character trusts most in the world?
The abbot of the high house of light. He tought the character the way of Ise Zumi.
7. What is your character’s greatest strength, and weakness?
His greatest strength is his ability to charm people. He has no use for material things, and is also rather idealistic.
8. What does your character think of bushido?
As the son of a samurai family, he was taught the way of bushido early. The most port ant tenants are compassion, duty and sincerity. Least important is honor.
9. What is your character’s opinion of the clan?
He thinks highly of his clan. Working as a governor will make sure the dragon continue to live up to his expectations. Still, he does believe that an emperor needs to be selected. The dragon cannot do it alone.
10. Is your character married?
He is not.
11. Does your character have any negative prejudices?
He believes that non rokugani are disadvantaged for not being part of the great wheel, but is not a prejudice per say. He is not a fan of Lion either.
12. To whom does your character owe the most loyalty?
The abbot of the High House of Light, but the clan daimyo is a close second.
13. What are your character’s favorite and least favorite thing?
He enjoys morning meditation and when his area of responsibility runs in the order that he has set. Least favorite, waste without purpose, be material things or even his time.
14. Does your character have any recurring mannerisms?
He does talk with his hands .
15. What are your character’s emotions?
As a monk he is rather stoic.
16. How would your character handle subordinate’s improper behavior?
He would most likely forgive small and medium discretion and see if the person can’t correct their behavior. Multiple failures will get them sent back to their family daimyo to correct. Gross failures will be judged harshly, especially if done with intent.
17. How would your character’s parents describe him?
They are proud that he found his way to the High house of Light, but they don’t quite understand him anymore. They cannot reconcile the difference between the son that started up the path to the mountain and the monk that later came down.
18. What is your character’s highest ambition?
To reach enlightenment. The status that allows him to reach it does not matter.
19. How religious is your character?
As a monk, very.
20. How will your character die?
Most likely of old age having reached enlightenment and having taught multiple new generations of Ise Zumi. Though he can see himself fighting against the darkness and being overwhelmed but saving rokugan in the process.